We Love Our Volunteers!
Volunteers are at the heart of Our House – without their passion, dedication and skills much of what we do wouldn’t happen. We invite and appreciate people willing to share their knowledge, skills and time for the benefit of the community in which we all live.
Get in touch with us if you would like to share your skills and time as a Volunteer – we’d love to have you on board!
THE benefits of volunteering are many, including but not limited to:
* Happiness: Volunteers are happier, healthier and sleep better than those who don’t volunteer;
* Health: Sustained volunteering is associated with better mental health;
* Community: The experience of helping others provides meaning, a sense of self-worth and inclusion, and;
* Skill building: Did you know over 85% of HR Managers look for volunteering on CVs? Learn new skills and get ahead in the job market.
THE benefits of facilitating and tutoring includes but is not limited to:
* Real world experience that can help with later employment or career goals;
* Develop strong communication and leadership skills;
* Build confidence in your ability to make a difference;
* Improved knowledge of learning, studying, and test-taking techniques;
* Strengthen awareness of resources available in the community, and;
* Network with individuals who are passionate about service and education.